[comp.sys.amiga] Abstract Data Types --- a possible C= supported "group"?

haitex@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) (05/20/88)

        Recently I came across the following:

In article <5483@utah-cs.UUCP>, thomson@utah-cs.UUCP (Richard A Thomson) writes:
>> I agree with you that this modularity is indeed useful and that it is
>> realizable with the Amiga system.  I don't understand why you say it is a
>>  What's wrong with the metaphor of the run-time library
>> as an abstract datatype?  For that matter, where's the line between the
>> libraries and an object under object oriented programming?
>
>And Peter Schachte responds:
>
>A library can indeed serve as an implementation of a class (or
>datatype).  I believe this would work very well.  But there are a few
>problems...

>-Peter Schachte

	This concept could be easily adapted to the Object List Processor I'm
     currently working on.  In this system object types are generally abstract.
     Eventually I intend to incorportate run time abstraction, but for now I'm
     simply implementing compile time abastraction.  (By abstraction I mean the
     utiliztion of a pointer to an abstract record, ie: one with no specific
     type).

	At the DevCon the concept of "Working groups" was presented.  These
     are to be groups of programmers with similar interests communicateing
     and collaborating with some coordination assistance from Commodore.

	This concept seems well suited to such a group, and I would like to
     be part of it.  Any others interested in participating and willing to
     give at least 8 hours per week to such an effort please contact me
     by email or at (619) 421-5602 (between 10 am and 10 pm pst.).

	If there is enough interest I'll contact C= and get things rolling.

						Thanks,

							Wade.

     PS:  Would someone please Xpost to BIX?  I'll have a BIX account shortly,
	   so this will not be a regular request.

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!haitex
ARPA: crash!pnet01!haitex@nosc.mil
INET: haitex@pnet01.CTS.COM