[comp.sys.amiga] MRBackup request

jojo@astroatc.UUCP (Jon Wesener) (05/19/88)

Hey world,

	My copy of MRBackup which came across the net a month or so ago
refuses to run.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What really sucks
is that just as I sit down to backup my disk, I unarced the program
and found my hard disk partition had been wiped out.  Talk about bad
timing.  Anyway, could someone send me a runnable copy of MRBackup.
It would be greatly appreciated.

--j
--
jon wesener
... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} ! {uwvax | cs.wisc.edu} ! astroatc!jojo

mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) (05/20/88)

In article <1023@astroatc.UUCP>, jojo@astroatc.UUCP (Jon Wesener) writes:
> Hey world,
>
> 	My copy of MRBackup which came across the net a month or so ago
> refuses to run.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Which version are you running and what are the symptoms?  Did you place
MRBackup.init and MRBackup.xcld in the S: directory?  Or does it not even
get started?

> is that just as I sit down to backup my disk, I unarced the program
> and found my hard disk partition had been wiped out.  Talk about bad
> timing.  Anyway, could someone send me a runnable copy of MRBackup.
> It would be greatly appreciated.

I sent MRBackup V2.2 to the moderators quite a while ago and it hasn't appeared
yet.  I'm reluctant to email you a copy as it is quite large.  I'd be happy
to send you one via U.S. Mail.  Just send me a disk and return postage or
a letter with $2.00 in it:

	Mark R. Rinfret
	348 Indian Avenue
	Portsmouth, RI  02871
	work: 401-849-9930 (x301)
	home: 401-846-7639

Version 2.2 has some one minor feature addition ("local" MRBackup.init files
for special projects) and I've added a little more variety to the speech
capability.  I'm toying with the idea of ARP-ifying MRBackup.  Does anyone
think that's a good idea?  I'd also like to add a File Utilities menu, adding
things like Compress/Decompress individual files, Delete, Copy, Rename, List.
I also saved a copy of Fred's article listing desirable features and will
revisit that soon.

Anywho, sorry you're having trouble, but you can always get the latest
copy directly from me.

Mark

--
< Mark R. Rinfret,  mrr@amanpt1.ZONE1.COM | ...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!mrr    >
< AMA / HyperView Systems               Home: 401-846-7639                   >