[comp.sys.amiga] I wanna be a leaf

bop@edison.GE.COM (Bruce Poor) (05/21/88)

OK, I know where to get a free feed, but I don't know what to do with
it.  How do I use my new Amiga (500) to get and send netnews and mail ?
Is there any PD software out there that will do the job ?

Thanks from a new amiga owner

Bruce

ngorelic@csm9a.UUCP (Noel Gorelick) (05/25/88)

In article <1532@edison.GE.COM>, bop@edison.GE.COM (Bruce Poor) writes:

> OK, I know where to get a free feed, but I don't know what to do with
> it.  How do I use my new Amiga (500) to get and send netnews and mail ?
> Is there any PD software out there that will do the job ?

	What you want is UUPC.  it consists basically of two
programs, mail and uucp.  mail lets you compose and send mail, and
uucp sends your mail to your feed site, and picks up any mail and/or
news that is supposed to be sent to you.  I got this running last
night, and it appears to work fairly well.
	I got my version off of Comp-U-Serve.  (ver 1.1)  but I
think I remember seeing it on a fish disk (common phrase around here
these days, thanks fred!)   It was also posted to sources awhile ago.
If you absolutly cannot find it anywhere and don't really want to
spend the $5.00 on Comp-u-Serve, lemme know, and I can e-mail you my
archive.

     "You want it should sing, too?"    |   ngorelic@csm9a
                                        |   ...udenva!isis!csm9a!ngorelic
Disclaimer:                             |  ...boulder!isis!csm9a!ngorelic
   Not even I claim these opinions.     | and soon to be csm9a!tavern!ngorelic