[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice BBS problems

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) (05/23/88)

I post this for a friend who lives in "Ile de la Reunion" near
Madagascar . He can't reach Lattice BBS (He has an account of course),
and this for two weeks.
Do they have any problems with the BBS at this time ?
Any help or information is welcome.
Please respond by e-mail.
--
*- Francois Rouaix                 //       When the going gets tough,       *
*- rouaix@inria.inria.fr         \X/           the guru goes meditating...   *

kim@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (05/25/88)

In article <692@inria.UUCP>, rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:

> I post this for a friend who lives in "Ile de la Reunion" near
> Madagascar . He can't reach Lattice BBS (He has an account of course),
> and this for two weeks.
> Do they have any problems with the BBS at this time ?

There was a fire in the Hinsdale, IL switching office of Illinois Bell on
May 8th, which caused *severe* damage, and has impacted alot of telecom
in and around the Chicago area.

Also, they have had alot of stormy wheather with high electrical activity
etc. in and around the area, so the lines have been "rather noisy".

Anyway, I was also unable to reach their BBS for several consecutive days,
getting an intercept recording instead.  I did get through over this past
weekend though, so perhaps Illinois Bell is getting their problems fixed.

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,uunet,oliveb,cbosgd,ames}!amdahl!kim