[comp.sys.amiga] MRBackup Requests

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (05/22/88)

mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) writes:

>Version 2.2 has some one minor feature addition ("local" MRBackup.init files
>for special projects) and I've added a little more variety to the speech
>capability.  I'm toying with the idea of ARP-ifying MRBackup.  Does anyone
>think that's a good idea?  I'd also like to add a File Utilities menu, adding
>things like Compress/Decompress individual files, Delete, Copy, Rename, List.
>I also saved a copy of Fred's article listing desirable features and will
>revisit that soon.
>
>Mark

Hello Mark,

I just sent you a letter for a copy of MRBackup when I came across this a day
later.

If you are going to ARPify MRB will it be an option?  In other words can those
of us who have not ARPed yet still use it?  In addition to the file utilities
you listed would you consider UnDelete too?  Idealy one would request a
partition and a list of Deleted files in that partition would appear that one
could select any number of to UnDelete.  Finally, when you send me MRBackup,
would you include a copy of Fred's article either on the disk or a hard copy.
I recall it and have mentioned it but did not use my head and capture it that
night.

Thanks much.

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com
* Sometimes The Dragon Wins! * Still looking for the best Amiga BBS
software to resurrect Bilbo's Hideaway on - but not holding breath!

mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) (05/25/88)

In article <4151@gryphon.CTS.COM>, bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) writes:
> mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) writes:
> >
> >Version 2.2 has some one minor feature addition ("local" MRBackup.init files
> >blah, blah, blah...
> Hello Mark,
>
> I just sent you a letter for a copy of MRBackup when I came across this a day
> later.
>
> If you are going to ARPify MRB will it be an option?  In other words can those
> of us who have not ARPed yet still use it?

No.  However, that doesn't imply that you have to ARP (sounds like something
I do after tacos) your system.  You'd just install a copy of the arp.library
file on your system disk.  When MRBackup started, it would automatically open
this library.

> In addition to the file utilities you listed would you consider UnDelete too?
> Idealy one would request a partition and a list of Deleted files in that
> partition would appear that one could select any number of to UnDelete.

No.  Nah.  Yick!  That's really outside the scope of MRBackup and should be
left to general purpose utility programs.  Not only that, but I don't want to
figure out how to do it :-).  Call Peter Norton :-) x 2 .

> Finally, when you send me MRBackup, would you include a copy of Fred's
> article either on the disk or a hard copy. I recall it and have mentioned it
> but did not use my head and capture it that night.

No problem.  It's tucked neatly in with all of my MRBackup development source.
(Thanks, Fred!)

> Thanks much.

You're very welcome, and thanks for your suggestions.

> Bill

Mark

--
< Mark R. Rinfret,  mrr@amanpt1.ZONE1.COM | ...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!mrr    >
< AMA / HyperView Systems               Home: 401-846-7639                   >