[comp.sys.amiga] 2000-in-1 compatible memory expansion

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) (05/06/88)

Quick question: which "stick on the side (SOTS?)" memory expansions for
the A1000 are physically designed so that they can plug into a future-
purchased 2000-in-1 box?

E-mail if you like.

phil stone

phil@eos.arc.nasa.gov
phil@eos.UUCP
{ uunet, hplabs, hao, ihnp4, decwrl, allegra, tektronix } ames!eos!phil

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) (05/06/88)

Second quick question: does the Insider (or similar a1000 internal, processor-
socket-glued hardware) work with the 2000-in-1 box?

Actually, anything anybody knows about this potential wonder (the 2000-in-1
box, that is) would be welcome information.  Is it shipping yet?  Forseeable
problems?

Thanks,

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (05/07/88)

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) writes:
>Quick question: which "stick on the side (SOTS?)" memory expansions for
>the A1000 are physically designed so that they can plug into a future-
>purchased 2000-in-1 box?

I venture to say the Micron 2 Meg RAM expansion card will run in the 2001 box.
At least is can be slipped out of its A1000 wrapper and plugged into a 2000
slot.  So far it has proven to be an excellent RAM expansion for my A1000.

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com
* Sometimes The Dragon Wins! * Still looking for the best Amiga BBS
software to resurrect Bilbo's Hideaway on - but not holding breath!

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (05/07/88)

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) writes:
>Actually, anything anybody knows about this potential wonder (the 2000-in-1
>box, that is) would be welcome information.  Is it shipping yet?  Forseeable
>problems?

Geez, everything that just comes out has problems with it of one sort or
another.  That's the name of the computer game.  I beg you to wait 6 months or
more if you can stand it.  My apologies if you're a hacker.  Amigas were made
for hacking and Guru lovers.

[Did you suspect this comment might be a little flame?]

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com
* Sometimes The Dragon Wins! * Still looking for the best Amiga BBS
software to resurrect Bilbo's Hideaway on - but not holding breath!

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (05/11/88)

Maybe any respondents would be so kind as to POST responses
for this to the net rather than E-mail.

Others, such as myself, would like this info as well.

Thanks --

Dave (It's OK to post !!!!) S.

Lee_-_Wells@cup.portal.com (05/29/88)

Yea! Just what is this 2001 box? I have heard a bit about it. but just what
does it let you do? whats it look like? and how
much does it cost!!?!?!?!?! that'st the big one. is it worth it? or should
i just go buy an amiga 2000?

Lee Wells.