[comp.sys.amiga] NO 1.3, straight to 1.4

ngorelic@csm9a.UUCP (Noel Gorelick) (05/27/88)

RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!

Can anybody verify anything about the possible rumor I caught last
night about C-A not shipping OS1.3, and actually just waiting,
adding a few more thinggys, and calling it 1.4?

(of course there's always the possibility that this has been
discussed extensivly as of late, and this stupid/cruddy/!$#@!%
newsfeed is just really poor...)

"...the caliope crashed to the ground." |   ngorelic@csm9a
      These aren't my opinions!         |   ...udenva!isis!csm9a!ngorelic
       I found them.   Honest!          |  ...boulder!isis!csm9a!ngorelic

drz@utcsri.UUCP (Jerry Zarycky) (05/31/88)

In article <731@csm9a.UUCP> ngorelic@csm9a.UUCP (Noel Gorelick) writes:

>RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!RUMOR!!!
>
>Can anybody verify anything about the possible rumor I caught last
>night about C-A not shipping OS1.3, and actually just waiting,
>adding a few more thinggys, and calling it 1.4?

Actually, the way I heard it is:

1) The ROM upgrade for A500/A2000 users might not seem inexpensive if:
	a) you have to do it through an authorized Commodore service centre
	   who have to charge for the ROM itself, as well as the shop time

	   and

	b) there are thousands of users running around wanting to get it
	    done, which by the laws of supply and demand seem to boost
	    the price of these things (certainly no discounting!)

2) Since 1.4 is not that far away, Commodore will announce the price of
	the upgrade for 1.3 and the features of 1.4 at the same time, as
	well as the E.T.A. of 1.4, so that users can make a choice as
	to whether they wish to spend their money to upgrade twice,
	and which upgrade they wish to do.

By the way, are the ROMs in sockets (for easy upgrading, obviously)?

I haven't checked inside my B2000 because I don't want to void my lengthy
warranty which expires in,   uh,  .....uh,  uh,  ....in,
****whoops****
it expired already!!!

Hmmm, I wonder how long until the competition forces warranties into longer
periods of time, such as has happenned in the automobile wars.

Jerry Zarycky

Usenet:	{cornell, uw-beaver, linus, ihnp4, allegra, decvax, floyd} !utcsri!drz
CSNET:	drz@csri.toronto.edu            UUCP:  drz@utcsri.uucp
EAN:   drz@csri.toronto.cdn