[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 1000 and interlace mode

brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) (05/29/88)

I have an Amiga 1000 which I bought way back in 1986 (Jan).
It has 512K RAM, 2 floppies, and a SNOY KV-1311CR
TV/Monitor.   Every now and then, I notice that the interlace
is not handled very well.  The odd lines look fine, but it seems
the interlaced even lines are half-3/4 intensity.  Perhaps this
is my way of getting EXTRA_HALFBRIGHT ? :-)

If I turn off the computer and wait a while, then things seem
to go back to normal.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on
what might be causing it?

thanks

--
Brian Moffet		brianm@sco.com  {uunet,decvax!microsof}!sco!brianm
The opinions expressed are not quite clear and have no relation to my employer.

In article <590@viscous> brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:

> ...Every now and then, I notice that the interlace
> is not handled very well.  The odd lines look fine, but it seems
> the interlaced even lines are half-3/4 intensity.  Perhaps this
> is my way of getting EXTRA_HALFBRIGHT ? :-)

> Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas on
> what might be causing it?

Sounds like some bizarre problem with the Denise chip...

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr