[comp.sys.amiga] MINIX on AMIGA ?????

bagron@cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) (05/27/88)

Hello there,

Is there anyone who can tell me if there is a MINIX-port
available for the Commodore AMIGA and if it is
where I can get it ?? I would be very gratefull if you can help
me !!! Thanx and good-byte from Holland,

Dick Groenhof

+------------------------------+   @@    @@  @@  @@   +-------------------+
|        Dick Groenhof         |   @@   @@  @@   @@   |      EMAIL :      |
| Free University of Amsterdam |   @@ @@  @@     @@   |  bagron@cs.vu.nl  |
|  Amsterdam, The Netherlands  |   @@@@  @@      @@   | groedr@econ.vu.nl |
+------------------------------+   @@@  @@@@@@@@@@@   +-------------------+

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (05/28/88)

In article <1281@ark.cs.vu.nl> bagron@cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) writes:

>Is there anyone who can tell me if there is a MINIX-port
>available for the Commodore AMIGA and if it is
>where I can get it ?? I would be very gratefull if you can help
>me !!! Thanx and good-byte from Holland,

  At this time there is no Minix port available for the AMIGA. An ATARI ST
  version should be out this year (if its not now). As for the benefits -
  draw backs and even the possibilty of running Minix on an AMIGA, that has
  already been discussed and no *ONE* set of answers was ever reached. I do
  use Minix on a BridgeBoard in my A2000 and it works just fine.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!sneakers
 Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!sneakers@uunet.uu.net

Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com (05/31/88)

I'm interested in MINIX and such-like unix clones- but what utilities
come with? You say you use it on the Bridgeboard side of your 2000: what do you
use it for?

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (06/01/88)

In article <6069@cup.portal.com> Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com writes:
>I'm interested in MINIX and such-like unix clones- but what utilities
>come with? You say you use it on the Bridgeboard side of your 2000: what do you
>use it for?

 I do not *use* Minix for any real applications at this time, mostly to learn
 and try out crazy ideas that are inproper for testing anywhere else :-)

 As for what comes with Minix and other questions along the Minix line, I
 suggest we trim the "Newsgroups:" line back.

 So until we meet in comp.os.minix .......