[comp.sys.amiga] Leo Schwab, a primitive?

schabacker@fra03.dec.com (posting for Christian Balzer) (05/31/88)

>Not to long ago (I don't get message ID's) Leo (Bols Ehawc) Schwab writes:
>>In article <8805241433.AA18998@decwrl.dec.com> schabacker@frambo.dec.com (LIFE := (2b).OR.(.NOT.(2b))) writes:
>>(I never thought Leo would look like this, until I saw photos
>>of him in Ahoy (?), nice cape and hat, though ;-D).
>
>	There's a picture of me in _Ahoy_?  I know one turned up in _Info_
>(which John Foust must have snapped *eons* ago), but I know nothing about
>_Ahoy_.
>
>	Geez, everyone seems to have a picture of me except me.

Well, Leo you start sounding like one of those natives who believe
that their soul is lost if you make a picture of 'em. :-)
And I don't plan to pin needles into that picture, given that you come
up with at least one good display hack/anim per year. ;-)

But please note that tiny question mark behind that "Ahoy" which
states some doubt in the mind of the author concerning the statement
he just made. Relax Leo, it was in INFO I saw your picture, but
having just read a whole bunch of magazines I wasn't too sure by the
time I wrote that article.

Hope this makes you feel a little better, 	:-)
					  <CB>
--   __  __
  / /   |  \ \    <CB> aka Christian Balzer - The Software Brewery -        //
 / /    |   \ \   UUCP : decwrl!frambo.dec.com!schabacker                  //
< <     |---<  >  ARPA : schabacker@frambo.dec.com                     \\ //
 \ \    |   / /   CIS  : 71001,210 (It's a friends account, be brief)   \X/
  \ \__ |__/ /    Snail: Im Wingertsberg 45, D-6108 Weiterstadt, F.R.G
                  "Guess what? That's the news and I am out of here..."

When all is said and done, it's time for the disclaimer to come!

In article <8805311518.AA27785@decwrl.dec.com> schabacker@fra03.dec.com (posting for Christian Balzer) writes:
>Well, Leo you start sounding like one of those natives who believe
>that their soul is lost if you make a picture of 'em. :-)
>And I don't plan to pin needles into that picture,
>		     ^^^^^^^^^^^
	OOooo!  Um... Okay.  Whatever you say.

>given that you come
>up with at least one good display hack/anim per year. ;-)
>		      ^^^^
	All right then, what do you consider 'good'?			:-)

>Relax Leo, it was in INFO I saw your picture, but
>having just read a whole bunch of magazines I wasn't too sure by the
>time I wrote that article.
>
>Hope this makes you feel a little better, 	:-)

	Naw, I was just being silly.

	I just find it rather curious that I don't have any really decent
photos of myself (this does *not* mean there are indecent photos of me.
Sorry).  I never really thought about it until:
	1) I saw a PD 'lightcycles' program which, when you selected "About"
	   from the menu, a requester with the author's picture came up,
	2) INFO asked for a photo to accompany the interview, and I didn't
	   have one,
	3) An author for Amazing Computing (I think) also asked for a
	   photo, and I didn't have one (I haven't heard from him since;
	   hmmmm...),
	4) My girlfriend asked for a photo, and I didn't have one.

	Clearly, this is something I'll have to rectify, largely to satisfy
#4.

	Right after I get my hair cut....

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy Whose Girlfriend Doesn't Have A Decent Photo Of Him,
 \_ -_   And Whose Mother Constantly  ihnp4!pacbell --> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
O----^o  Asks When He's Getting His Hair Cut.  hplabs/ (pronounced "AE-wack")