[comp.sys.amiga] Help! XENON from Awesome Arcade

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (06/05/88)

In article <42600018@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> hoefling@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:

>OK, I give up - Does anyone have any advice about getting past the
>Sentinel on the first level of XENON, from Electronic Arts' Awesome
>Arcade package?  It's a nice game, but a little frustrating to be
>always stopped at that point.
>
>Jay Hoeflinger

When the Sentinel comes down, move to the side. It will fire at you, move up
to avoid. It will move up, move back down. It will fire. Move center to
avoid and line up your shot and start firing. The Sentinal *always* comes
down at the same place, so note that point and line it up there. You'll have
a short time to fire shots into it's maw, at which point the pattern
repeats.  Sometimes it can take 10-20 repititions before you do enough
damage to destroy it.

The second sentinel has a pattern too, but I haven't beaten it yet. Then
hurray hurrah howdy doodie do, you made it through stage ONE. I doubt I'll
ever finish the game.

Sean

--
***  Sean Casey                        sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  The Empire Defenestrator          {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean