[comp.sys.amiga] 1084 Monitor giving problems

vkr@osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu (Vidhyanath K. Rao) (06/06/88)

In article <4335@killer.UUCP>, elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) writes:
> in article <34140@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, lfk@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Lynn Kerby) says:
> I have the exact same problem, except mine works fine when cold, and starts
> smearing data vertically only when warm (and running in interlace mode, of

The behaviour of my 1084 is strange. The smearing happens after a few minutes
then goes away; but once in a while it comes back for a few minutes. The
ambient temperature seems to have something to do with this. But there doesnot
seem to be set pattern.
My question is 'Is Commodore aware of this problem and what is it doing about
it?' Strangely enough there has been no comment on this thread (except for
all the bad 1084's coming out of the woodwork.)