[comp.sys.amiga] Question about Director - Richard Foy/Leo/??

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (06/04/88)

Richard Foy, (or Leo or anyone who knows)

I tried to send this question to Richard Foy based on
a response I read of his.

Since I have to post it let me ask anyone who
might know the answers.

I would like someone who has used "The Director" to tell
me how they like it.

Also can you give me any info about Sculpt/Animate - 3D?

I have been thinking about getting a copy of this and
Scupt/Animate - 3D. (Yes Folks I DO mean BUY them!!)

The most important questions are:

 How hard (read tedious) are they to use?

 How well do they do what they are supposed to do?

 Do you recommend these products?

 What features make them better than other similar products?

 In what ways are they lacking?

I can't seem to get any intelligent assitance from the computer
store sales slime I've seen around this area. They all seem
really annoyed if I take them away from their computer games.
(Ain't I a RAT???)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave S.

In article <2030072@hpcilzb.HP.COM> daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) writes:
>I would like someone who has used "The Director" to tell
>me how they like it.
>
>Also can you give me any info about Sculpt/Animate - 3D?
>
>I have been thinking about getting a copy of this and
>Scupt/Animate - 3D. (Yes Folks I DO mean BUY them!!)

	Sadly, I have not used The Director at all, though I have looked
through the manual.  I do know that The Director does not deal with Sculpt-
Animate's "movie" files.  This is because Byte by Byte has chosen not to
document their animation compression format (which is too bad, really).

> How hard (read tedious) are they to use?

	The Director is a programming language, similar in syntax to BASIC.
Depending on how much time you want to spend, a Director script can be as
simple or as complex as you want.

> Do you recommend these products?

	Though I've never used it, it's cheap enough that it'd be hard for
you to go wrong.  Give it a look.

>I can't seem to get any intelligent assitance from the computer
>store sales slime I've seen around this area. They all seem
>really annoyed if I take them away from their computer games.

	Sounds like a store local to me.  Do they play MidiMaze a lot?

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape  ihnp4!pacbell -\
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
"Hmm, you're right.  Air is made up of suspended meat loaf."  -- Josh Siegel