[comp.sys.amiga] ARP "prompt" command bug

rusty@hocpa.UUCP (M.W.HADDOCK) (06/03/88)

When putting %p into the prompt string anything that follows
it is not displayed.  For example, if I type the command

	prompt "[%p] --->"

what will appear for the next prompt (if my current directory is RAM:)
is

	[RAM:>

No ']' nor my long, ugly arrow.

This occurs with the latest(?) REV2 ARP 1.1.   Am I buggy or is it
the ARP command?

			-Rusty-

--
Rusty Haddock {uunet!likewise,cbosgd,rutgers!mtune}!hocpa!rusty
AT&T Consumer Products Laboratories - Human Factors Laboratory

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (06/05/88)

In article <329@hocpa.UUCP> rusty@hocpa.att.com (91341-M.W.HADDOCK) writes:
>When putting %p into the prompt string anything that follows
>it is not displayed.
>This occurs with the latest(?) REV2 ARP 1.1.
>Rusty Haddock {uunet!likewise,cbosgd,rutgers!mtune}!hocpa!rusty

Not only does it truncate the prompt string after the %p escape, it also adds a
greater-than sign ">" with no space following, so you get hard to read screens
with lines like:

Workbench:>cd Extras:
Extras:>dir

etc.  I wouldn't be too concerned, though, since this one is easy enough to
fix, and I'm sure the uSmiths folk will take care of it in the next release.
Be seeing you...
 Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu     ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz
"Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage..."
      -- Bill Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, I.v.19

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (06/07/88)

In article <329@hocpa.UUCP> rusty@hocpa.att.com (91341-M.W.HADDOCK) writes:
>When putting %p into the prompt string anything that follows
>it is not displayed.  For example, if I type the command

>	prompt "[%p] --->"

>what will appear for the next prompt (if my current directory is RAM:)
>is

>	[RAM:>

I've noticed this, too.  I find it irritating because I would like to
have my prompt be in a different color.  The escape sequence to change
to color 2 is printed, but not the sequence to switch back to color 1,
so my text all comes out in color 2.

--
Eric Kennedy