[comp.sys.amiga] Black and White

Dave@daami.van-bc.UUCP (Dave Allen) (06/07/88)

>From: bill@cbmvax.UUCP (Bill Koester CATS)
>Subject: Re: Commodore Flame  (One Blue and One Brown Eye)
>GULP! Let me apologize if you took that as a flame. I was just getting tired
>of this continuing thread. We DO give a rats A** about our customers. I
>honestly don't know how to get you a NEW drive that matches your old one.

I have been putting Black Faced drives in A2000s and have had a few
cutomers complain about the astheticly (sp) unapealing look. Low and
behold, when I ordered my last one from my local distributor (Chinon Drives
they are) it was a nice pleasant beige colour (not sp). There are two
things I like about these "third party drives". First the price. The
difference between a CBM drive and an off the shelf " Chinon is about $100
Canadian. The second nice feature is the little plastic cover that comes
down to cover the disk entrance when the disk is removed not only making it
look cleaner (nicer) but having some practical benifit when you are having
water fights in the computer room :-).

Perhaps CBM could check into Chinon's availability for these drives and
avoid the problem altogether? Just a suggestion.

---- Disclaimer. I don't work for CBM, Chinon or a plastics company. I work
for RSI and we sell the WEDGE :-)

Dave Allen     (604) 270-0064      The MIND LINK BBS - (604) 533-2312
               9651 Alexandra Rd.        8 Lines running Xenix
RSI    //      Richmond, B.C.
      //       Canada V6X 1C6      "thou shalt not offend the
  \\ //    or; dave@daami.UUCP      Net gods"
   \X/          ^^^                       - something to remember