[comp.sys.amiga] clite demo

doug-merritt@cup.portal.com (06/04/88)

>In article <709@applix.UUCP>, scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>> I missed part 4 of the recent C-Light demo posting
>> - could someone please send it to me?   Thank you.
>>
>The same happened to me, too.  Perhaps it could be reposted?

No!!! Don't even think about it!

I was disappointed to see it posted *at all*, since we still have a backlog
of other, non-commercial-demo stuff that hasn't been posted yet. I would
like to see things like this take rock-bottom priority. Just how important
is partially-crippled software???? And there's already quite a few PD and
commercial ray tracers available, anyway...I failed to see the point in
Yet Another One.

By now it is certainly available on many BBS's, get it from one of them.
Or wait for the next round of Fish disks.
	Doug
--
      Doug Merritt        ucbvax!sun.com!cup.portal.com!doug-merritt
                      or  ucbvax!eris!doug (doug@eris.berkeley.edu)

joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) (06/07/88)

Besides -- it's not that good.  Maybe I was doing something wrong?
But the images just weren't very good.  I mean, what do you expect?
It was only taking about 20 minutes to generate them.  And trying to
use the screen editor (C-LightI) to produce images wasn't that
easy, either.  It would have been drastically improved if the editor
weren't so slow, among other things.

Personally, I think I'll stick with Dave Wecker's (sp?) ray tracer.

By the way -- anyone wanna trade ray-traced pictures?  I wonder if
the moderators would like to post them to .binaries?  Or should we
post 'em here?

In article <6194@cup.portal.com> doug-merritt@cup.portal.com writes:
>>> I missed part 4 of the recent C-Light demo posting
>>> - could someone please send it to me?   Thank you.
>No!!! Don't even think about it!
>And there's already quite a few PD and
>commercial ray tracers available, anyway...
--
UUCP: rutgers!dayton!joe                Dayton Hudson Department Store Company
ATT : (612) 375-3537                    Joe Larson/MIS 1060

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (06/07/88)

In article <5269@dayton.UUCP> joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:
>By the way -- anyone wanna trade ray-traced pictures?  I wonder if
>the moderators would like to post them to .binaries?  Or should we
>post 'em here?

   Love to post 'em to .binaries.. and even hand-done ones too..

   But, if you do send them to us, please try and avoid the more
racy ones.. probably have some legal-beagle after me if I posted them ;-)

-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)
ARPA/UUCP: j.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM  PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906
[How do you get to heaven?   Go to Pluto and hang a left.]

woodsb@killer.UUCP (Brent L. Woods) (06/07/88)

In article <5269@dayton.UUCP> joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:
 >By the way -- anyone wanna trade ray-traced pictures?  I wonder if
 >the moderators would like to post them to .binaries?  Or should we
 >post 'em here?

     As a matter of fact, your moderators have already discussed this
question.  We came to the conclusion that, yes, we would be willing to
post picture files (the questions came from an artist who wished to post
his work for public comment), but we couldn't justify archive space for
them (or is my memory broken?  Pat?).  However, if you send them to us,
remember that they would be at the end of a fairly lengthy queue, and,
since our reason for existing is software, we'd have to post any program
binaries first.

     Yup, I'm still around, eh?  Still moderating, too (such as it is,
and I don't know for how much longer--such is life).

     And, the best part is, rsk can't stop me now!

--
     Brent Woods, Co-Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga

USENET:  woodsb@killer.UUCP or (I'm told) ihnp4!att!killer!woodsb
USNAIL:  320 Brown St., #406  /  W. Lafayette, IN  47906
MABELL:  +1 (317) 743-8421