[comp.sys.amiga] SURPRISE Everyone!!! the 2080 is out!

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) (06/10/88)

I'm wandering into my local amiga dealer tonight...
(Software Supermarket in Regina, Sask. Canada.... the people actually
own amigas... and work with them... makes hell of a difference... )

I wander over to the A2000 thats sitting running some nifty animation...
I notice that they've changed the screen that they used to have on it
(used to be a 1080.... ) I figure they've put a 1084 on the system.
Hold it, that animation is a little smeared...
Hold it.... that label says

____2080____

Looking slightly more dazed than usual.... i find out that
Commodore Canada just sort of shipped it over.... they were't even
totally sure of the canadian price.... although $800 canadian was the
guestimate (Remember 1 $ US = .80 Canadian or .75 canadian at bank exchange )

It looks quite nice... does NOT totally elimiate flicker but it certainly
looks a hell of a lot better in interlace...
Prowrite V1.1 looks AWESOME (instead of squinting... i could read )
Excellence looked even better...

anyways.... basically the 2080 looks like a 1084... same connections
everything  only difference is that the label says 2080... and everything
ghosts somewhat....  the ghosting is not intolerable...
infact i could ignore it after some playing about....

Now... i have a decison.... Hard drive.... Star NX2400 printer or

a high percistance monitor..... DAMN IT I HATE THIS!!!!

JpC

Jonathan P. Crone
Vice President, AURA,  (Amiga Users of Regina Associated.)
(Regina, Sask. Canada )    (eh???)

CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET
....uunet!mcl!cronejp

come on now....  does ANYONE give a damn about what i have to say?

egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) (06/12/88)

In article <8806100601.AA24007@jade.berkeley.edu>, CRONEJP@UREGINA1.BITNET (Jonathan Crone) writes:

> Now... i have a decison.... Hard drive.... Star NX2400 printer or
> a high percistance monitor..... DAMN IT I HATE THIS!!!!
>
> JpC
> Jonathan P. Crone
> Vice President, AURA,  (Amiga Users of Regina Associated.)

Nothing to worry about, don't get any of the above. Better to save your money,
like I am, for an erasable CD drive. Which brings up the question, does
anyone know of a plan to adapt Maxtor's new 5 1/4" erasable CD to run with
the Amiga?

Thanks,
Ewan Grantham

--
Ewan Grantham    (601) 354-6454 ext.358
{pyramid or bellcore or tness..}!swbatl!jackson!egranthm

elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) (06/13/88)

In message <216@jackson.UUCP>, egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) says:
>Nothing to worry about, don't get any of the above. Better to save your money,
>like I am, for an erasable CD drive. Which brings up the question, does
>anyone know of a plan to adapt Maxtor's new 5 1/4" erasable CD to run with
>the Amiga?

I was under the understanding that someone has designed an SCSI
interface for the erasable CD, so that it can be treated to all
effects like a SCSI hard drive (i.e. get a C-LTD or A2090, &
plug'n'play).

If that not be so (the plug'n'play, that is), 'preciate some mail...
one of those li'l puppies be just right for some of the things we be
doing.

--
Eric Lee Green    ..!{ames,att,decwrl,ihnp4,mit-eddie,osu-cis}!killer!elg
          Snail Mail P.O. Box 92191 Lafayette, LA 70509