[comp.sys.amiga] Microworld/MCS warning

Marc_Neil_Siskin@ub.cc.umich.edu (06/11/88)

  I have learned from a source here in Ann Arbor that claims Commodore has
stopped shipments of hardware to Microworld the parent of MCS the mail-
order firm here in Michigan.  Since I heard this 2nd hand I can NOT state
this as a fact but if you are ordering or waiting for Hardware from MCS,
I would confirm that they have the item in-Stock before placing your
order.
                          Marc_Siskin@um.cc.umich.edu

-Opinions??? What are they?
Marc Siskin   Working at the University of Michian
              But paying for my account. (at least one of them)

Share and Enjoy.  Or Stick your head in A Pig.-  Sirius Cybernetics
                                          Complaints Division.

bhh@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Barry Hales) (06/14/88)

In article <4122@umix.cc.umich.edu> Marc_Neil_Siskin@ub.cc.umich.edu writes:

>  I have learned from a source here in Ann Arbor that claims Commodore has
>stopped shipments of hardware to Microworld the parent of MCS the mail-
>order firm here in Michigan.  Since I heard this 2nd hand I can NOT state
>this as a fact but if you are ordering or waiting for Hardware from MCS,
>I would confirm that they have the item in-Stock before placing your
>order.
>                          Marc_Siskin@um.cc.umich.edu

   I would like to add my warning to the one above.  I have been shopping
for a 2 meg board for my A500 for the past month, and have called several
mail order companies.  All were ready and eager to take my order.  Being
smarter than that, I first asked, "Do you have this part in stock?"  After a
delay while the courteous sales rep consults whatever resources they have,
the rep would reply "Sorry, we do not."  Then I would ask, "Do you carry
this product?"  Another check, "I'm sorry sir, it seems we don't"

Now what buisness do these people have being all-fired eager to take my
order on a product they don't even carry!  To make matters worse, every time
I call a company back, a different sales rep. feeds me a different story!
I don't mean to knock or flame mail-order companies; I have done excellent
business with several in the past.  I just urge all of you out there to get
specific information (is it in stock, is it back ordered, how long before
you can ship it to me, do you even carry the $%$@ thing?) before you read
your VISA number to them, or however you plan to make restitution.
BE WARNED, AND BE AWARE!

Barry Hales
bhh@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

Disclaimer:  the usual drek.....It's MY fault, so blame ME, not NCSU...