[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga advertisement in KEYBOARD

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) (06/11/88)

The July issue of KEYBOARD MAGAZINE has the first music-related
Commodore Amiga ad I've seen.  It is a 2-page spread, hand-drawn
with a spacey, Dali-like landscape and an A500.  "The Computer that
Works Like the Mind of a Musician", it touts.

"A musician's mind is like a miraculous computer that runs several
programs at the same time.  It weaves a bass line while painting
an improvised melody....  Commodore Amiga personal computers work much
the same way."

There's about 4 more paragraphs of information, almost exclusively
devoted to the Amiga's multitasking nature and how it enhances
compositional speed and creativity.

It's a little hokey, but at least Commodore has a 2-page spread in
a music magazine!  Atari and Apple have 'em too.  And their ads
are just as hokey.
--
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP
		barrett@cs.jhu.edu

ma179aav@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Stephen Hartford) (06/15/88)

ins_adjb@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Daniel Jay Barrett) writes:
>The July issue of KEYBOARD MAGAZINE has the first music-related
>Commodore Amiga ad I've seen.

>It's a little hokey, but at least Commodore has a 2-page spread in
>a music magazine!  Atari and Apple have 'em too.  And their ads
>are just as hokey.

Actually, the Apple ad explains how eight major recording studios
use Macintoshes to help produce hit singles. Apple provides a
toll-free number musicians can call to get a video showing how Mac
is used in the professional music world. To me anyways, this was
much more effective than an abstract painting. Especially when the
only other Amiga ads are for MusicX (RSN), and Dynamic Studio
(buggy, slow, poor user-interface, doesn't support multi-tasking).

OK, so the Atari ad WAS hokey... (it suits)

--
Stephen Hartford shartford@ucsd.edu, *but only until June 17, 1988,*
This summer at: NewTek, 115 W. Crane St., Topeka, KS 66603 (913) 354-1146