[comp.sys.amiga] Getting payed to sell amigas

melnik@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ofer Melnik) (06/14/88)

In article <4456@killer.UUCP> woodsb@killer.UUCP (Brent L. Woods) writes:
|click with the mouse.  I have one friend who uses my Amiga from time to
|time for word processing and he has a distinct *aversion* to the idea of
|programming it himself.  Even so, I've just about sold him an Amiga of
|his own because of all the *great* software I've shown him (if only I
                                                             ^^^^^^^^^
|could get paid for this...).  This is in spite of the fact that the verb
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can! I've heard about this thing that commodore is doing for people
who belong to users groups... if you sell an amiga you get something like
$50 for a 500 and $200 for a 2000 (not money but credit towards a purchase)
Still, its not too shabby!!!

I don't know if this is still going though... Good luck in your sale...

|     Brent Woods, Co-Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.amiga, mouthing
|                  off yet again.

Still working on a signature--

Ofer Melnik

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (06/15/88)

[be a marketroid in your spare time]

In article <Jun.14.12.41.42.1988.16798@topaz.rutgers.edu> melnik@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ofer Melnik) writes:

>You can! I've heard about this thing that commodore is doing for people
>who belong to users groups... if you sell an amiga you get something like
>$50 for a 500 and $200 for a 2000 (not money but credit towards a purchase)
>Still, its not too shabby!!!
>
>I don't know if this is still going though... Good luck in your sale...

And right you are! Someone named "Toy" :-), told us about this at
a FAUG meeting 3 months back. Not only to you get the finders-fee, but
the guy/gal who is responsible for the most sales, will win something
like 500, yep, 500, software packages. (Imagine backing up all of that
stuff!).

No idea when this begins.

Methinks it would  be great to get on a computer selection committee
for a local school board right about now.

*** mike ***

--
			   *** mike (starship janitor) smithwick ***
"Being a dwarf does have it's shortcomings"