[comp.sys.amiga] POLL! ... The final results!!!

lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) (06/16/88)

Well, here they are, the results of your responses to the question "Which
magazine in your opinion gives the best overall coverage of the AMIGA?". A few
words first. This poll is not scientific in any way and my choice of question
may have been too narrow in scope. I hope to improve next time.

Also, several people sent opinions on multiple magazines, making it difficult
to ferret out what their vote was. I had to take a guess. Several others voted
for two magazines - I gave each mag 1/2 vote in that case.

Ok, words over, here's the tally, listed in descending order of votes:

1)  Amazing Computing             19 votes    (35.85 %)
    AMIGA Transactor              19 votes    (35.85 %)
2)  AmigaWorld                     7 votes    (13.21 %)
3)  Amigan                     3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
    INFO                       3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
4)  AMIGA-Magazine (German)        1 vote      (1.89 %)

    ** TOTAL                      53 votes   (100.00 %)

I was a bit surprised at the result. Amazing I kind of expected to do well,
but Transactor? There have been only 2 issues (only 1 was on the shelves at
the start of the poll).

I guess people liked the coverage of the Amiga in Transactor before they
decided to split into two separate publications.

Well, anyway, that's it. Thanks to all of you around the country (and to the
person in Switzerland who sent in the vote for the German magazine) who
participated. I was hoping to get about 100 or so responses, but for a first
shot at polling, I think you people responded very well.

If you have any suggestions for future polls, please E-Mail them to me at this
address.

Here's to polling you all in the future!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Greenwald

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!lgreen
ARPA: crash!pnet01!lgreen@nosc.mil
INET: lgreen@pnet01.cts.com
SNAIL:4545 Collwood Blvd, #52  San Diego, CA 92115
"I'm lookin over a three-leaf clover that I overlooked be-three"  -Bugs Bunny

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (06/18/88)

In article <3120@crash.cts.com>, lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) writes:

> Ok, words over, here's the tally, listed in descending order of votes:
>
> 1)  Amazing Computing             19 votes    (35.85 %)
>     AMIGA Transactor              19 votes    (35.85 %)
> 2)  AmigaWorld                     7 votes    (13.21 %)
> 3)  Amigan                     3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
>     INFO                       3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
> 4)  AMIGA-Magazine (German)        1 vote      (1.89 %)

I'm not abit suprised by these tallies. AC and Transactor are both very good
magazines, at least better suited for the type of reader that would be
found in comp.sys.amiga. Although I didn't vote (so I guess it's my fault),
I'm alittle suprised that Sentry didn't get at least acouple of votes. How
many people were as thrilled as I was to find the latest copy of AmigaWorld
almost completely devoted to Printers. I was visably moved. Are there any
good printer magazines that devote a whole article to Amigas?

What confuses me more than anything is why I have a subscription to
AmigaWorld and not Amazing Computing.

--
"Don't quote me on this!"                      Michael Figg
					       DLA Systems Automation Center