[comp.sys.amiga] various questions and a cute? hack

blandy@marduk.cs.cornell.edu (Jim Blandy) (06/18/88)

Does everyone remember Oing and YaBoing, the classic screen hacks?  I
thought it would be neat to run them both at the same time, so I
modified oing not to take up all the sprites, and yow!  You can watch
Oing play YaBoing!  (It got 23 points when I let it play by itself!)

If you want to try the modification yourself, I can send you some
notes about it; it's more than just changing a constant, but not much
more.

Questions:
    What's the best price on Aztec C people have seen?  Latest
    version?  I think I want Developer.  Or do those distinctions
    still exit?

    Has anyone written a Life game that uses the blitter to make the
    next generation?  If not, any conjectures as to whether it would
    be worth it?

    Where can I find a complete description of DNet?  Or should I just
    bug Matt Dillon?

    Where can I find a CLEAR, WELL WRITTEN (aaugh!) description of the
    format of executable files, and object files as {A,B}LINK handle them?

Email me at the below address?  I'm rather new to the net- not sure of
the standard practice.
--
Jim Blandy - blandy@crnlcs.bitnet
"insects were insects when man was just a burbling whatsit."  - archie

In article <18403@cornell.UUCP> [name lost] writes:
>Does everyone remember Oing and YaBoing, the classic screen hacks?  I
>thought it would be neat to run them both at the same time, so I
>modified oing not to take up all the sprites, and yow!  You can watch
>Oing play YaBoing!  (It got 23 points when I let it play by itself!)

	As the author of Oing, I offer hearty congratulations.  I keep
meaning to rev that thing so that it will work on interlace WorkBenches and
on top of Boing!....

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape  ihnp4!pacbell -\
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
"Hmm, you're right.  Air is made up of suspended meat loaf."  -- Josh Siegel