[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaWorld sucks dead gerbils through a dirty garden hose

In article <3120@crash.cts.com> lgreen@pnet01.cts.com (Lawrence Greenwald) writes:
>Well, here they are, the results of your responses to the question "Which
>magazine in your opinion gives the best overall coverage of the AMIGA?". A few
>words first. This poll is not scientific in any way and my choice of question
>may have been too narrow in scope. I hope to improve next time.
>

>1)  Amusing Confusion              19 votes    (35.85 %)
>    AMIGA Transactor              19 votes    (35.85 %)
>2)  AmigaWorld                     7 votes    (13.21 %)
>3)  Amigan                     3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
>    INFO                       3 1/2 votes     (6.60 %)
>4)  AMIGA-Magazine (German)        1 vote      (1.89 %)
>
>    ** TOTAL                      53 votes   (100.00 %)
>
>I was a bit surprised at the result.

Me too. I'm amazed AW did so well.

When I got the first issue and found it to be seemingly without content,
I did'nt mind. Heck, I said (yeah right) it's the first issue, it'll get
better. it did. They added that digital canvas section and they had
pictures. They were not great reproductions; I don't know why ImageSet
uses pixels the size of phone books, but oh well.

After the first year of my subscription expired, i really debated
whether I should renew it. The content was just not there, oh sure
it was glossy and slick, just like a bleached blond benz driver in
beverly hills, all *nice and pretty* -- until she opens her mouth
fre sure fer sure. I resubscribed. I didn't want to be blamed
personally for the total collapse of Amiga journalism.

This is a decisin I have come to regret. They havn't had a digital
canvas section for a while, thats ok, _Computer Pictures_ has all the
good pictures anyway, even if half of them are rendered on IBM PC's
(what does that tell you ?); but the real pisser about AW is they're
one sided editorial slant.

They're about as open minded as the Ku Klux Klan.

It doesn't matter what *they* think of Timothy Leary or Telecommunications,
when they only print letters from their vapid readers all portraying only
one side of the story it makes them look like the pack of bozos they
undoubtedly are.

--
                              "Shrimp Ahoy"
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (06/22/88)

Subject: Re: AmigaWorld sucks dead gerbils through a dirty garden hose

	     It's always refreshing to meet Cerebus and/or Zappa fans...
--
<---- David Herron -- The E-Mail guy                         <david@ms.uky.edu>
<---- s.k.a.: David le casse\*'   {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET