[comp.sys.amiga] FutureSound availability?

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (06/17/88)

Does anybody know if FutureSound is still available? A dealer has been
trying to get it for about 6 weeks but is having no luck with the manf.

Any comments comparing this to PerfectSound or the Mimentics sampler?

					    Thanks,

--
"Don't quote me on this!"                      Michael Figg
					       DLA Systems Automation Center

boblind@percival.UUCP (Bob Lindstrom) (06/20/88)

In article <213@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>Does anybody know if FutureSound is still available? A dealer has been
>trying to get it for about 6 weeks but is having no luck with the manf.
>
>Any comments comparing this to PerfectSound or the Mimentics sampler?

The nicest thing I can say about the Mimetics digitizer is that it is
a piece of junk. End of Review.

The FutureSound unit is considerably more expensive than PerfectSound
but offers a passthrough bus and has a long cable that allows you to
place it where you want.

The PerfectSound unit has no cable and requires that you crawl around
behind your Amiga to make input level adjustments and hook up the
input source.

I use the FUtureSound and like it just fine. If you're on a budget or
don't care about an occasional inconvenience, PerfectSound is also a
very good choice.

Both of them work with a wide variety of digitizing software.

--
| Troutdale Shrine of Computing       **   Bob Lindstrom, perpetrator      |
|     "What doesn't kill me"          **   UUCP:percival!boblind           |

In article <197@mango.athertn.Atherton.COM> (Eric Black) writes:
->Well, I have a number of peripherals I hook into my parallel
->port -- Digi-View, Perfect Sound, two printers.  More than I have
->serial devices right now (just a CRT for ROMWack and two different modems).
->On both ports I have a 4-way switchbox (built for RS232, but works fine
->for parallel since all 25 lines are switched).

Be sure that the switch box you use is a 'break before make' type or
you will find you can erroneously create short circuits and bad bits
by switching the switch a lot.

--Chuck McManis