[comp.sys.amiga] me and peter and me and peter and me and peter and me and peter and me and petzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzRe: Me and Richard on flames

In article <2164@sugar.UUCP> peter@sugar.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article ... richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>> This is to respond to the ``Binaries on the net'' thread that has Peter's
>> knickers in such a twist.
>
>Actually, what has my knickers in a knot is messages that start off with
>abuse and/or obscenities and follow up with deliberate misinterpretations
>of positions I have taken in the past.

Well there's a lesson here. Dont go crying ``The sky is falling, the
sky is falling'' until you really can be assured the sky really is falling
and maybe people won't yell at you. Maybe. Actually Peter, I only
flame you to get fan mail.

>This is known as flaming. Richard is one of the more creative flamers on
>the net.

God, how can I flame someone like this ?

>End of subject.
>
>> 	a) the binaries group for the IBM-PC was made unmoderated. This
>> 	   was a very bad thing. First because taste and decorum went
>>            out the door - somebody posted a 770K COMMERCIAL DEMO called
>>            ``PSPICE''.
>
>How does this differ, except in magnitude, from the posting of the CLITE
>demo to comp.binaries.amiga? And that group *is* moderated.

Whilw I agree that CLITE was pushing it there were differences:

1) How many Amiga owners (600,000 of them) can use CLITE ? (100%)

2) How many IBM-PC users (14,000,000 and counting) can use PSPICE ? (Hmmm)

3) How functional was the PSPICE demo compared to CLITE ?

4) What were their relative sizes ?

>By the way, *sugar* gets a full feed. We pass a subset of comp.* and news.*
>to ficc. Once there, I take off my personal computer hat and put on my
>big company uucp admin hat. I do have to keep justifying usenet to the
>management of the company. I really wish certain people would make it easier
>for me to do so.

Piss and moan. The only person that makes it difficult is YOU. Don't carry
groups you don't need/want and you have no tribble at all.

--
                 "Oh great. I have no mouse. And I must click."
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard