[comp.sys.amiga] Monitor stand for A500

root@sbcs.sunysb.edu (root) (06/28/88)

I'm looking for a monitor stand for my A500.  There was a company called
Phoenix which had advertised a nice looking product, but I can't seem
to locate the magazine advert.  Anyone have a pointer to Phoenix (or
anyone else making A500 monitor stands for that matter)?

					Advance thanks,

					Rick Spanbauer
					SUNY/Stony Brook

kasper@csli.STANFORD.EDU (Kasper Osterbye) (06/30/88)

In article <1365@sbcs.sunysb.edu> root@sbcs.sunysb.edu (root) writes:
>I'm looking for a monitor stand for my A500.  There was a company called
>					Rick Spanbauer
>					SUNY/Stony Brook

I have long used what I considder a VERY nice and VERY cheap monitor stand
for my 500. It is space efficient too. I got 4 normal building bricks and
two planks. Putting down two bricks on the table, then one plank on the top
ot the bricks, then the other two bricks and then the last plank. This gives
you two shelves on your desk. The advanteges of this setup are the following.
1) You get a monitor stand, with the monitor at the correct (for me) height.
2) You can push the 500 under the shelves to get it out of the way, and
   the desk can be used as a normal desk.
3) The short cable to my second drive is just long enogh to allow the
    drive to be put on the bottom shelf, facing towards me.
4) There was a good spot for me to place the modem and my phone just next
   to the monitor on the top shelf.

5) There is room next to the monitor and next to the drive where you one
    can put all these extra disks and manuals and tea mugs that would
    otherwise block the way of my mouse.

So I got a very compact (2.5*3.5') workspace where every thing just fit
perfectly. In fact I have not had any need to change it and have been
using it for 9 months now.

--Kasper

Kasper Osterbye                                |||  ///   ///|
Internet: kasper@csli.stanford.edu             ||| ///   ///||
UUCP: {backbones..}!csli.stanford.edu!kasper   |||<<<   ///|||
AT&T: (415) 323 9604                           ||| \\\ ///=|||
USMAIL: 2420 Tasso st. #3, Palo Alto CA 94301  |||  \\X//  |||MIGA