[comp.sys.amiga] Break F-18 -=- was: Another

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/02/88)

In Message <278@laic.UUCP> wilson@nova.laic.uucp (Robin Wilson) writes:

>In article <3019@louie.udel.EDU>, smith@nrl-aic.arpa (Russ Smith) writes:
>> First, copy protection. I thought that the use of a "code wheel" was a
>> good way to protect misuse of a program while at the same way allowing
>> infinite copies/hard-disk versions. Electronic Arts has managed quite
>> handily to ruin that impression.
>>
>Why doesn't somebody out there just write a quick and dirty program that
>simulates the code wheel.  At the very least you would have a backup
>incase yours got lost or stolen.  If someone were really clever they
>could write one that multitasks with interceptor so that the "cardboard"
>one would no longer be needed.

  Interceptor doesn't multitask well :-) But the easist way is to simply dig
  out FileZap and edit the program to always ask for the same code. Of course
  I can think of several easy ways to duplicate the wheel if I had too.

  Hint: You only have to change 4 bytes in 1 block!

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

     Those who worked the hardest are the last to surrender. (Gary Ward)