[comp.sys.amiga] Preferences colours

In article <2056@ssc-vax.UUCP> dmg@ssc-vax.UUCP (David Geary) writes:
>In article <4655@gryphon.CTS.COM>, richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>> I use a tan background, with a dark gray/light black text colour.
>> Since there is less contrast between these two colours then
>> any other (readable) color pair I've found, flicker, in interlace
>> mode (which I use almost exclusivly) is negligable.
>
>  One of the best things I've ever purchased for my Amiga cost me
>  $20.00.  It's an anti-glare/anti-flicker screen that looks like
>  the smoked plexiglass on motorcycle helmet shields.  I can't
>  remember the name although I've seen it advertised in Amazing
>  Computing.  Not only does it reduce glare (and DRASTICALLY) reduce
>  flicker, but it makes the colors on my old 1080 look richer.

One of the best things I've ever purchased for my Amiga cost
me $550. It's a Sony monitor that looks like a TV. I can't remember
the name or where I bought it but I've seen it advertised in
Amusing Confusion. Not only does it seem to have reduced flicker
in makes the colors in my friends 1080 monitors look like shit.

(Incidentally, I saw my first 1084 monitors this weekend, and although
everybody tells me they are ``fuzzier'', the colours appeared to me
to be more saturated. Maybe they have a bigger dot pitch but better
phosphors (or as that silly NY amiga users group article put it: phosphorous)

--
      If you were to flatten out Wales, it would be bigger than England.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard