[comp.sys.amiga] KA9Q TCP Sources - Help needed

kenk@algedi.UUCP (kenk) (07/13/88)

This one's for you

  Does anyone have a copy of the KA9Q sources that will compile properly
on the AMIGA using MANX 3.6 .

  My version (871225.15) will not compile properly since MANX appears not
to understand constructs of - #if defined(AMIGA) || defined(UNIX). This
I can work around but it also is missing at least two files  dir.c and dir.h.
In addition the makefile is not properly configured and attempts to link
the *dump files multiple times. This to can be fixed but it makes me wonder
if it ever worked properly on the AMIGA.

  I have some modifications (improvements? :-) ) I would like to make.
Primarily I want to force an AX25 connection to send all received data
to the mailer. Most of my friends not running TCP are in the habit of
connecting - leaving a short message - and disconnecting. The only reason
I am not running the TCP software is that with the current code the message
is thrown away if I'm not present to read it as it comes in. The other
modifications are specific to my situation ( 1 tnc, 1 radio, two hams - make
it recognize two callsigns, add a CTEXT message to satisfy the AX25 users).

  At one time I had the executable of a version that ran on the AMIGA, but
lost it in a hard disk crash. So I know that it is running on the AMIGA, I
just need some help getting the latest version that will compile.

Any and All help will be greatly appreciated.

Please respond via EMAIL

Ken Koster (N7IPB)	uw-beaver!pilchuck!algedi!kenk

dan@speedy.wisc.edu (Dan Frank) (07/14/88)

In article <205@algedi.UUCP> kenk@algedi.UUCP (kenk) writes:
>  I have some modifications (improvements? :-) ) I would like to make.
>Primarily I want to force an AX25 connection to send all received data
>to the mailer. Most of my friends not running TCP are in the habit of
>connecting - leaving a short message - and disconnecting. The only reason
>I am not running the TCP software is that with the current code the message
>is thrown away if I'm not present to read it as it comes in. The other
>modifications are specific to my situation ( 1 tnc, 1 radio, two hams - make
>it recognize two callsigns, add a CTEXT message to satisfy the AX25 users).

   A while back, I added an AX.25 personal mailbox.  It gives the user
a signon message and menu, and allows him  (or her) to enter SMTP
mail, page the owner for chat, or disconnect.  The code is a bit crude,
but does the job.  You can find it among the net/rom code in nrbdale.arc
on louie.
   Phil now tells me he intends to merge this stuff in some time soon.

   73, Dan, W9NK