[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP & UseNet for the Amiga -=- was: Me and Peter on the binaries....

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/14/88)

In Message <280@jackson.UUCP>, egranthm@jackson.UUCP (Ewan Grantham) writes:

>In article <1356.AA1356@heimat>, sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) writes:
>:>
>:>   I have been running UseNet and UUCP on my Amiga for about 1 month now. The
>:>   UUCP software is the work of William Loftus and is available directly from
>:>   him. The UseNet software is still under co-development by Bill & myself. It
>:>   uses Bill's UUCP as a basis but is not available yet. (Still in its early
>:>   beta stage)
>:>
>:>
>>  Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
>
>OK, so would someone please tell me how I can get the UUCP software from
>Mr. Loftus (where do I send the check)?
>
>And perhaps info on how to get involved on Beta testing/programming?
>
>Thanks,
>Ewan Grantham

  Before I post the address, I want to make perfectly clear exactly what is
  available and what is not available (yet).

  Available from William Loftus is Amiga UUCP V0.32 - this is a fully working
  beta version. I think the cost is free provided you mail him a disk and a
  pre-paid return mailer. (Check with Bill to be sure!)

  Currently UseNet is *NOT* available - this is what I am working on (writing).
  I have a few more bugs to work out and Bill is also in the process of porting
  Vnews to the Amiga. As soon as we have UseNet working well enough to release,
  it will be combined with UUCP and released as V0.40

  Let me say that if you are not a UUCP expert, consider buying a good book.
  There are enough instructions to get you up and running but thats about it.
  (I use and recommend "UNIX Communications" a Waite group book by Howard Sams)

  Bill's mail address is burdvax!wpl -=- mine is in the below .signature file.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?