[comp.sys.amiga] Followup to Chuck's Amiga 1500 proposal

huver@amgraf.UUCP (Huver) (07/09/88)

In article <59170@sun.uucp> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) wrote:
>... all the wonderful things about the machine...

And of course there's got to be a 32-bit bus, and the 32-bit CPU.

Yesterday I received a pamphlet from Hamilton/Avnet, announcing the 68020
Design Kit.  The kit includes:

	1. 68020, '881 and '851, all 16.67MHz parts;
	2. 8 M6268P35 CMOS 4K static ram (35ns) chips;
	3. MC145040 and MC145041;
	4. manuals, tech. notes, engineering bulletin, reprints etc.

Single set price is $329.50.  5-9 sets $309.50/ea, 10+ sets $289.50/ea.

This kind of promotion says 32-bit computing is definitely affordable.

So Commodore, it's time to make a pure 32-bit Amiga, without any comprimises.
Not the plug-in "CPU card", no splitting the bus into Amiga and IBM.  And,
oh, don't bundle it with a Unix.

And Commodore, if you make one, I'll work out a scheme with Chuck to share
the thing.  But better hurry, else I'll get myself one of those Atari Abaq's.

-huver
{uunet!kitrain, plus5}!amgraf!huver

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (07/14/88)

In article <160@amgraf.UUCP> huver@amgraf.UUCP (Huver) writes:
>And Commodore, if you make one, I'll work out a scheme with Chuck to share
>the thing.  But better hurry, else I'll get myself one of those Atari Abaq's.

I guess that means that C/A has all the time in the world, eh?

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate