[comp.sys.amiga] F18 mission 6

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (07/11/88)

	Ok, I give up, what's the trick to completing this one?  I've
killed all three planes and the cruise missile, put a few missiles in
the enemy sub, and landed on my carrier BUT I still don't get the
mission complete message.

	H E L P !

hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) (07/12/88)

Dave, do exactly what you have done.  Go out and get the MiGs, cruise missle
if there is one, put a few into the sub, go back and land on your carrier.
Then go _back_ out get the new planes and you should get a mission complete
message.  The sub is apparently unsinkable.  The mission objective statement
is either wrong or misleading.  Good luck.  Persistence will out.

zzb@pedro.UUCP (Zzb) (07/20/88)

In article <4226@cbmvax.UUCP>, daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) writes:

> 	Ok, I give up, what's the trick to completing this one?  I've
> killed all three planes and the cruise missile, put a few missiles in
> the enemy sub, and landed on my carrier BUT I still don't get the
> mission complete message.
>
> 	H E L P !

     I finished mission 6 as follows:

Fly in under 100 feet and put 1 missile into the sub (some people say this is
optional)
Attack the 2 planes that are 1. persuing you and 2. heading for your carrier.
Land on carrier and refuel/rearm.
Proceed back to sub and kill next 2 planes it releases.

When the last plane hits the water, you'll get the "Well Done" message.
 Sometimes the sub will send out a cruise missile in the first set of planes
which must be eliminated quickly.

                   /\/\/\/\ uunet!caeco!pedro!zzb /\/\/\/\
--
  /\/\/\/ Zig-Zag Bandit \/\/\/\  uunet!iconsys!caeco!pedro!zzb
   /\/\/\/\ The Zig-Zag Bandit \/\/ uunet!caeco!pedro!zzb /\/\/\/\