[comp.sys.amiga] PCUtils on 3.5in disks?

iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Ian Moor) (07/20/88)

My Amiga Extras disk has a set of utilities for copying and
formatting PC disks, but they only seem to work with 5 1/2 in disks,
is it possible to make them work on 3.5in disks?

Ian W Moor
  UUCP: seismo!mcvax!ukc!icdoc!iwm
  ARPA: iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk
  JANET: iwm@uk.ac.ic.doc

 Department of Computing   Whereat a great and far-off voice was heard, saying,
 Imperial College.         Poop-poop-poopy, and it was even so; and the days
 180 Queensgate            of Poopy Panda were long in the land.
 London SW7 Uk.

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/23/88)

In Message <379@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk>, iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Ian Moor) writes:

>My Amiga Extras disk has a set of utilities for copying and
>formatting PC disks, but they only seem to work with 5 1/2 in disks,
>is it possible to make them work on 3.5in disks?

  Sorry to say, but those utilities only work on 5.25" 360K disks. There is
  a commercial program (here in the states anyway) called Dos-2-Dos that will
  work with both 3.5" and 5.25" MS-DOS disks. I use Dos-2-Dos all the time and
  find it a real handy tool for anyone who has to interface with the MS-DOS
  world.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?