[comp.sys.amiga] AmiEXPO USENET Archive ERROR

kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John K. Counsulatant) (07/25/88)

	THERE IS A SMALL PROBLEM WITH THE ARCHIVE DISKS AS DISTRIBUTED AT
THE EXPO.  Due to an oversite on my part (bad KJohn :-) the programs required
to extract the archive files are on all of the archive disks.  To correct
this try the following on a BACKUP COPY OF YOUR ARCHIVE DISKS:

1) To UNCOMPRESS the archives, use the UNCOMPRESS program found in volume 1
of the Sources in the UTILS directory.

2) UNCOMPRESS UNSHAR.C.Z found on Source volume 1 and compile it.

3) UNCOMPRESS UUTWINS.SRC.SH.Z found on SOURCE volume 2.

4) UNSHAR the UUTWINS.SRC.SH file.

5) Compile UUDECODE.C.

6) Now you should have the following programs:

	a) UNCOMPRESS
	b) UNSHAR
	c) UUDECODE

These are the same as their UNIX counterparts.  Use them to uncompress,
unshar, and uudecode (where applicable) the other Archive disks.

Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems.  If you know someone who got
a copy of the archives, please pass this info onto them.

If you cannot do any of the above (due to a lack of a compiler or whatever)
call me and we'll work something out......

					KJohn

I can be reached at:

RealTime (prefered):  1(312)418-1236  (6pm to 10:30pm central time)

USmail:               John Kjellman
                      17302 Park Ave.
                      Lansing IL 60438

E-Mail:                kjohn@richp1.UUCP

--
|DISCLAIMER:  Being a consultant, none of my opions represent anything.       |
|             Except possiblely my own, but then again, maybe not.            |

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (07/26/88)

In article <333@richp1.UUCP> kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John Scott Kjellman (consultant)) writes:

>	THERE IS A SMALL PROBLEM WITH THE ARCHIVE DISKS AS DISTRIBUTED AT
>THE EXPO.  Due to an oversite on my part (bad KJohn :-) the programs required
>to extract the archive files are [not?] on all of the archive disks.  To
>correct this try the following on a BACKUP COPY OF YOUR ARCHIVE DISKS:

   This also my fault too since I didn't get a chance to copy all these
programs to the archive disks before I sent them off... a few things to
note though:
   For those of you with the binaries archives, there are compiled versions
of these programs on some of the disks.. they should all be fine to use
except for uncompress.  When we posted uncompress, we only posted a version
that did 13-bit uncompress and the files are 15-bit compresssed.
   So, I will make the 15-bit version of uncompress available in the startup
volume in the archives when I get home tonight -- I'll call it something like
"uncompress.15bit".

>If you cannot do any of the above (due to a lack of a compiler or whatever)
>call me and we'll work something out......

   Ditto here..

-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)
ARPA/UUCP: j.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM  PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906