[comp.sys.amiga] Genlock Devices

steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) (07/23/88)

Are any of the Amiga compatible genlock devices able to do
rudimentary "chroma-key" effects?

(I.E. The local weatherman standing in front of the huge digatal
weather map)

I would think the commodore genlock is doing pretty much the
same thing when overlaying the graphics onto the composite
signal, but then again I've been known to think strange
things before.

Price is no object for me, unless of course that price is overly
exhorborant, which in my case would be anything over what I paid
for my Amiga 1000 two years ago.

   UUCP:  ....!crash!pro-charlotte!steelie    | Pro-Charlotte - (704) 567-0029
   ARPA:  crash!pro-charlotte!steelie@nosc.mil| 300/1200/2400 baud  24 hrs/day
   INET:  steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com       | Log in as "register"

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/27/88)

In Message <3235@crash.cts.com>, steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:

>Are any of the Amiga compatible genlock devices able to do
>rudimentary "chroma-key" effects?
>
>(I.E. The local weatherman standing in front of the huge digatal
>weather map)
>
>I would think the commodore genlock is doing pretty much the
>same thing when overlaying the graphics onto the composite
>signal, but then again I've been known to think strange
>things before.

  Well sort of - how about your local weatherman standing BEHIND the map :-)

  If you stick a video imgage into an Amiga genlock, it will replace the ZERO
  color (background - normally blue). I know the Commodore genlocks 1300 & 2300
  both work this way.

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?