[comp.sys.amiga] 4.2 motherboard + Gurus

gregg@hechcx.HEC.HARRIS.COM (Gregg Asherman) (07/22/88)

Hello out there networld!!

	I have a few questions that I,m sure someone (or two) could answer.

My amiga is a B2000 with a 4.2 mother board,
when it gurus, the light flashes as expected but it won't reset by itsself
I must do a reset from the keyboard to get the guru screen and numbers.
Yes this is consistent!! sort of strange isn't it??

answers anyone?

also does anyone know the actual differences in revs of the mother board
and what I can do to bring it up to date?

Thanks in advance
 gregg@hechcx

marc@cbmvax.UUCP (Marc Rifkin CATS) (07/27/88)

I don't know about the hardware differences (they do exist), but I do
know that a patch program on the new workbench will cure various bugs,
including those associated with unrecoverable alerts.  The problem lies
with the 2000 having memory addressed at C000000.

  Marc Rifkin -- Summer CATS Assistant
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!marc
  "I don't need to quote anyone."
  "Greenland is in Utah."

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (07/27/88)

In Message <566@hechcx.HEC.HARRIS.COM>, gregg@hechcx.HEC.HARRIS.COM (Gregg Asherman) writes:

>My amiga is a B2000 with a 4.2 mother board,
>when it gurus, the light flashes as expected but it won't reset by itsself
>I must do a reset from the keyboard to get the guru screen and numbers.
>Yes this is consistent!! sort of strange isn't it??
>
>answers anyone?

 Try using a program (patch :-) called "SetAlert". Run it in your startup-
 sequence and it will help you Amiga to GURU correctly.

>also does anyone know the actual differences in revs of the mother board
>and what I can do to bring it up to date?

  The differnces are very minor and all revs should be function the same.
  IE: Relax its no big deal!

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein   {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?