[comp.sys.amiga] FTP where?

leh@beach.cis.ufl.edu ( ) (07/26/88)

Here is a not-so-definitive listing of sites having amiga archives
available for anonymous ftp. This file is available for anonymous ftp
from pine.circa.ufl.edu (128.227.128.55). If anyone has any additions/
corrections please email to any address in the .signature .

 ftp	128.210.0.3		... login as 'anonymous', send real id as
	  OR 			 password.
 	j.cc.purdue.edu		directories :
		news/comp/binaries/amiga	-- comp.binaries.amiga archives
		news/comp/sources/amiga		-- comp.sources.amiga archives
 ftp	swan.ulowell.edu [129.63.224.1]
  		Directory 'amiga'.
		Badge killer demos in directory 'amiga/bkdc'.
 ftp	sushi.stanford.edu	 dir <bkdc> for killer demos
 ftp 	128.114.133.1   (internet addr of ssyx.ucsc.edu)
			killer demos
 ftp	trantor.umd.edu		Quite a bit available
 ftp	husc7.harvard.edu	Harvard and MIT sections
 ftp	ucbvax.berkeley.edu	in pub/amiga dir
 ftp	asc.purdue.edu		in news dir
 ftp	louie.udel.edu		Just a few things in pub directory
 ftp	uunet.uu.net		Just uucp stuff in uucp directory
 ftp	uxe.cso.uiuc.edu	Fish disks (at least 80)
	128.174.5.54

"...I hear her voice, calling my name. The sound is deep, in the dark..."
UUCP: ...!gatech!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!leh
Internet: leh@beach.cis.ufl.edu | vishnu@pine.circa.ufl.edu

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (07/26/88)

In article <16753@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> leh@beach.cis.ufl.edu ( ) writes:
>Here is a not-so-definitive listing of sites having amiga archives ...
> ftp	sushi.stanford.edu	 dir <bkdc> for killer demos

Sushi.stanford.edu has gone to the Dec 20 heaven in the sky, taking the <bkdc>
directory with it. Please take Sushi off the lists of sites with
Amiga archives. But, you can find the Fish disk catalog (an index file
plus a file per disk) in <ali.amiga.fish> on score.stanford.edu. It's
available through anonymous FTP.

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu, aozer@next.com

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (07/26/88)

leh@beach.cis.ufl.edu ( ) wrote:
> ftp	swan.ulowell.edu [129.63.224.1]
>  		Directory 'amiga'.
>		Badge killer demos in directory 'amiga/bkdc'.

I moved the badge killer demos; they're now in amiga/fun/badge0
(I'm anticipating a badge1 after the first annual bkdc)

Also note some changes have taken place in the archive, I'm
compressing (16-bit) most files, and am adding a lot of stuff from the
DECUS Amiga 1 tape.  I'm also working on setting up an archive server,
so people w/o FTP access can get to these files via email.  I'll post
instructions when that is up and working.

There are about 20MB of files here, and I'll be adding about 20MB more
in the next few days (I have to find the disk space first).  To help
you find things quickly, I suggest you first get /amiga/ls-lR which
is a listing of all the files in the archive, updated each morning.

Here is a current 'du' of /amiga on swan, guaranteed to be obsolete
by the time you read this:

220	bin
1136	comm
16	devices
368	doc
2176	dos
644	dos/arp
705	dos/fs
113	editors
59	fonts
1752	fun
1167	fun/badge0
560	graphics
52	hardware
1412	iff
5	iff/bat.files
218	iff/docs
83	iff/examples
42	iff/examples/display
107	iff/executable
67	iff/include
66	iff/include/iff
8	iff/lnk.files
20	iff/object
71	iff/other.files
42	iff/readmes
110	iff/source
688	intuition
143	kernel
34	keyboard
124	languages
43	languages/asm
5	languages/basic
156	libraries
1	misc-doc
1	pix
307	printers
455	sound
286	sound/music
837	unix
509	util
94	workbench

20984	total

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (07/27/88)

In article <16753@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, leh@beach.cis.ufl.edu ( ) writes:
> Here is a not-so-definitive listing of sites having amiga archives
> available for anonymous ftp...

>  ftp	uunet.uu.net		Just uucp stuff in uucp directory

	uucppublic/amiga-sources is the alt.sources.amiga archive.