[comp.sys.amiga] Faery Tale Adventure help..

mokwa@nrl-aic.arpa (Jim Mokwa) (07/25/88)

.

HELP! How do you deal with those damn ghosts???
I can't get started in this fine game!
Please, help me help poor Julian.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Mokwa
Mokwa@nrl-aic.arpa

alan@hprnlin.rnd.hp (Al Harrington) (07/26/88)

>/ mokwa@nrl-aic.arpa (Jim Mokwa) /  6:39 am  Jul 25, 1988 /
>.
>
>HELP! How do you deal with those damn ghosts???
>I can't get started in this fine game!
>Please, help me help poor Julian.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jim Mokwa
>Mokwa@nrl-aic.arpa
>----------

First search through all of the buildings in the village.  After you get
a few goodies go out and explore a little (but stay close to the village).
When a bunch of ghosts come after you head into the village.  When some
"sword toting uglies" come after you zap them with one of the artifacts
(I forgot which one zaps them all, maybe the skull -- it's been to long).
After they are all dead search them and get yourself a nice sword.

From there you should be ok.  Save the game a lot!!  Best place to get some
points is at the cemetary.  It's located south-west of the villiage, right
off the main trail (head down on the trail).  What you do is stand on one
side of the fence and hit the enemies that are on the other side.  They
*can't* hit you back! (unless of course they have bows and arrows)

Have fun!

			-al

+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| -Al Harrington            ________      |       Instant Guru BBS          |
|                           |__/\__|      |        (916) 457-7176           |
|                                         |     60 Megs - All Amiga!        |
| ..ucbvax!hplabs!hprnlin!alan            |     GT Net/Node  005/002        |
| ..ucbvax!ucdavis!csusac!athena!haringtn |   Baud: 1200/2400 Hours: 24     |
+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
|                 All comments are *MINE* and *MINE* alone                  |

kvitek@pro-sparklin.cts.com (Keith Vitek) (07/27/88)

I personally use a program called f_edit which lets you edit your Julian
character and save it as character a-h on a disk.

Keith

lyles@tybalt.caltech.edu (Lyle Scheer) (07/28/88)

In article <3251@crash.cts.com> kvitek@pro-sparklin.cts.com (Keith Vitek) writes:
>I personally use a program called f_edit which lets you edit your Julian
>character and save it as character a-h on a disk.
>
>Keith

Good grief!  How can you possibly need help with this game????  Personally, I
found it slightly challenging to stay alive at the very beginning with just a
dirk, but as soon as I got a mace, it was no problem to go further.  And after
that comes my major complaint of the game; you get FAR too powerful.  After a
bit of fighting, you become totally invulnerable to EVERYTHING except arrows.
Once you gain invulnerability, the game is trivial... You just have to search
for the rest of the clues.

					Wonko the Sane
				      (you call this SANE??)

Disclaimer: I am totally irresponsible.  So shoot me then.