[comp.sys.amiga] JOVE for my Ami?

jmpi@ur-tut (Spike ) (07/29/88)

Greetings, Amigoids--

  I got MANX Aztec C a couple of weeks ago (v3.6) and I need a good editor
to go along with it.  Z doesn't really cut it (it's moded) and MicroEMACS
isn't programmable (at least the version on the Extras 1.2 disk).  A friend
mentioned that JOVE would be really great on the Amiga.  He uses it on an
(cover virgin ears now!) IBM (yech!) and says that he can call up the com-
piler, etc. and that compiler errors drop back into JOVE at the line where
the error occured.

  "What a great idea!" I said.  "So, where can I get one?"

  "Don't know," he replied, a bit sadly.

  "Well, don't sweat it, kid," I answered brightly.  "I'll just postnews
it and in no time at all we'll have ourselves JOVE for the Amiga!"

  You guys (neutral gender intended) wouldn't make a liar out of me, would
you?  I didn't think so.

Thanks in advance...

 John "Reality Is Optional" Pisello--University of Rochester Computing Center
                                                                          ///
     ARPA:  jmpi%UR-TUT@SEISMO.ARPA                        Another Proud ///
   BITNet:  jmpi_ss@DB1.BITNET                               Amiga User ///
     UUCP:  jmpi@UR-TUT.UUCP                                        \\\///
  US Mail:  P.O. Box 28858  River Station  Rochester, NY 14627       \XX/

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (07/29/88)

In article <2344@ur-tut.UUCP> jmpi@ur-tut (Spike ) writes:
>Greetings, Amigoids--
>
>  I got MANX Aztec C a couple of weeks ago (v3.6) and I need a good editor
>to go along with it.  Z doesn't really cut it (it's moded) and MicroEMACS
>isn't programmable (at least the version on the Extras 1.2 disk).

	MicroEMACS 3.9p for the AMIGA is very programable.  It can be
downloaded (binaries, sources and docs) from the below mentioned BBS system,
and would probably meat your needs.

> John "Reality Is Optional" Pisello--University of Rochester Computing Center

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	1:201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533