[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for Commodore 64 users/groups

news@nprdc.arpa (news) (07/28/88)

comp.sources.amiga, news.groups, rec.games.misc
From: greg@nprdc.arpa (Greg Reynolds)

I am interested in obtaining information on Commodore 64 users groups, but
am unable to locate any discussions related to this machine on the network.
Are there any groups on the network that support discussions related to this
machine?

If you are a C-64 user or know of any C-64 users groups (on or off-line), I
would appreciate hearing from you. Direct any responses (and FLAMES) to

greg@nprdc.arpa

kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John K. Counsulatant) (07/29/88)

In article <693@arctic.nprdc.arpa> greg@nprdc.arpa (Greg Reynolds) writes:
>From: greg@nprdc.arpa (Greg Reynolds)
>
>I am interested in obtaining information on Commodore 64 users groups, but
>am unable to locate any discussions related to this machine on the network.
>Are there any groups on the network that support discussions related to this
>machine?
>
>If you are a C-64 user or know of any C-64 users groups (on or off-line), I
>would appreciate hearing from you. Direct any responses (and FLAMES) to
>
>greg@nprdc.arpa

	Ack Phht!!!!! It lives aaaagggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!  I thought when I
	got my Amy (and sold my C64, of course :-) and stated using new
	improved USENET I would never have to see this dreaded machine
	again :-)!  Well, I guess I was wrong. :-) :-) :-) :-)

	I dunno about you Greg, but my Amiga users group has several C64s,
	one to balance a table with a short leg, two as door stops, and one
	sealed in a glass box for our computing time capsule :-).

	Seriously, I don't know of any groups directly, but if you look in
	just about any issue of the Computer Shopper, there is a list of
	User Groups and BBSes for the entire country.  Try to get the
	current issue and several months back (from a friend of cous! :-),
	the listing change quite regularly.  Just because a group/BBS is
	not listed in a newer issue doesn't mean they don't exist, it just
	means they stopped sending in updates to C.S.

						Good Luck,
						KJohn

--
v Amiga ///    v Being a consultant, none of my opions represent anything real v
|  Man /// 500 | or imaginary, except maybe my own opions, but then again .... |
^   \XX/  2000 ^ "I didn't do it, it must be a bug in the operating system.    ^