[comp.sys.amiga] reliability of amigas

In article <4322@cbmvax.UUCP> marc@cbmvax.UUCP (Marc Rifkin CATS) writes:
>I've been reading alot of flames on CBM about customer support, and still
>can't believe what I have been hearing.

This is probably because people who have problems, complain.

People whose machines work just fine are very quiet about it.

If it means anything, I've had to replace one keyboard cable
(my fault, I stretched the hell out of it) and have had
5 disks go bad in almost 3 years.

Signed,
A satisfied customer

--
        Many have been bought by rich people, from other countries.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) (07/28/88)

Two weeks after I bought my A500, the external drive wouldn't eject disks.  I
took it back to HT Electronics in Sunnyvale and they replaced it on the spot
during my lunch hour.  What a deal!

My sister's 1000's internal drive died after a year and a half.  She also
took it to HT and they replaced it on the spot.

Two more satisfied customers!

daves@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Dave Scroggins) (07/30/88)

All this talk about premature AMIGA deaths --

Well my 1000 has NEVER had a problem not caused by an
external source. The only problem EVER (aside from some of my
poor programming ;-) ) was when a disk full of PD stuff had a
SLIGHTLY damaged shutter that jammed the disk head. It bent a few
things, but I fixed it myself. (and in a fit sent the offending disk
flying into oblivion)

SO CMB --MY AMIGA has been alive and well from day 1 (2 years now)
and my home "office" is not exactly a healthy environment for
a computer.(heck - it's not even healthy for HUMANS!!! ;-) )

GOOD JOB ________

Dave (wanted to give a little positive feedback!) S.