[comp.sys.amiga] raw input from current CLI window

grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) (08/01/88)

In article <128@metheus.UUCP> randall@metheus.UUCP (Randall Henderson) writes:
>Does any one know of a public domain or retail version of a
>vi or  vi-like editor for the Amiga?  No wait, please don't
>gag, EMACS fans, it's what I'm used to, I use it at work every
>day and I really don't feel like having to do a context switch
>when I go home.

There is 'z' (part of the Manx C package). However I wouldn't buy manx just
for that. There a set of macros for both dme and uedit. OR there is a port
of STEVIE (a fairly good vi-clone recently posted to one of the sources
newsgroups) that me and a friend are doing.

Hmm... Is anyone else working on porting STEVIE to the Amiga ? If so, could
you email me and let me know ?

Now for the subject line : how does one get raw input from the current CLI
window ? By raw I mean that the user doesn't have to press return before
STEVIE can see what was typed. I know, we can open another CLI window with
this property, but we want to use the current window. The above mentioned
'z' does this, so we know it is possible.

Any help will be appreciated,

    Advance Thanx,
    fred

grwalter@watcgl.uwaterloo.ca                  (Canadian domain)
grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu                  (US Internet, including CSNET)
grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.cdn                  (CDNnet and some European nets)
watmath!watcgl!grwalter                       (UUCP)
uunet!watmath!watcgl!grwalter                 (another UUCP alternative)
grwalter%watcgl.waterloo.edu@csnet-relay.arpa (ARPA)