[comp.sys.amiga] C-ROBOTS and RobotWars

jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) (08/05/88)

A good source of robots would be from the game ROBOTWARS published
for the Apple by Muse about, gosh, 8 years ago. There was a
robot tournament and these robots ought to be available.

I have C-Robots for my Amiga and still have some good robots
in ROBOTWARS one day soon I will port the designs and see what
happens. (RObotWars was not in C but in a simplified assembler
type language, I believe the C robots are more powerful.)

As for getting robots I suggest (oh noooooo, don't cross post)
posting something to comp.sys.amiga since there is another
ex-appleite who has Robotwars there and ran a tournament about
a year ago. (Hello, Frank Anthes, are you there?) and also
to comp.sys.apple for the old folks who still may have that
program.

	This space would have been	|	Mike Davis
	LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK	|	ihnp4!ihlpm!jmdavis
	had I not written in it. 	|_________________________

lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Fish-Guts) (08/05/88)

In article <2200@ihlpm.ATT.COM> jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) writes:
>I have C-Robots for my Amiga and still have some good robots
>in ROBOTWARS one day soon I will port the designs and see what
>happens. (RObotWars was not in C but in a simplified assembler
>type language, I believe the C robots are more powerful.)

     Pardon my ignorance, but where can one pick up a copy of C-Robots
(besides comp.src.amiga, as we don't get that here)?  Is it on a Fred
Fish disk yet?

>	This space would have been	|	Mike Davis
>	LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK	|	ihnp4!ihlpm!jmdavis
>	had I not written in it. 	|_________________________

						-Chris
--
Christopher Lishka                 ...!{rutgers|ucbvax|...}!uwvax!uwslh!lishka
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene                   lishka%uwslh.uucp@cs.wisc.edu