[comp.sys.amiga] FFS for Floppies

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (08/07/88)

phil@rice.edu (William LeFebvre) wrote:
>the imminent release of the fast file system for the floppies

It is not imminent.  If you're thinking about 1.3, which is imminent,
FFS is only supported for hard disks.  If you're thinking about 1.4,
or whatever comes after 1.3, I don't think it's imminent.

>is FACC still worth buying?

Yes.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from

phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) (08/08/88)

In article <8474@swan.ulowell.edu> page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:
>phil@rice.edu (William LeFebvre) wrote:
>>the imminent release of the fast file system for the floppies
>
>It is not imminent.  If you're thinking about 1.3, which is imminent,
>FFS is only supported for hard disks.  If you're thinking about 1.4,
>or whatever comes after 1.3, I don't think it's imminent.

Well, okay.   How about "eventual"?

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University