[comp.sys.amiga] byte loses another subscriber

In article <17619@glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn@glacier.UUCP (John B. Nagle) writes:
>In article <342@sdrc.UUCP> scwilk@sdrc.UUCP (Ken_Wilkinson) writes:
>>I am looking for a journal with regular, monthly, good techical
>>articles about the Commodore Amiga, its hardware and software. Do
>>you know of any?
>
>	There are at least two, Amiga World and Robo City News.

	Of all the Amiga-specific magazines around, Amiga World (whirled) is
the worst (which is not to say that it's *bad*).  Robo City News is pretty
good, Amazing Computing is okay, Amiga Sentry isn't bad, INFO does a decent
job, Amiga Transactor is excellent.  Also of interest are the disk-based and
-supplemented mags, such as AX Magazine.

	If you have further such questions, you'll get much better responses
in comp.sys.amiga, where this message has been redirected.

>        Why are Amiga nuts such fanatics?  [ ... ]

	Why are LISP nuts such fanatics?  Why are Berkeley UNIX nuts so
adamantly opposed to SysV?

	And why is Amiga fanatacism such a bad thing?  When was the last
time you ever saw such enormous grass-roots support for a machine?  The
Apple-][?  How long ago was that?  And why am I asking so many rhetorical
questions?  Could it be I'm going whacko?

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	INET: well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	UUCP: pacbell > !{well,unicom}!ewhac

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (08/10/88)

In article <6779@well.UUCP>, ewhac@well.UUCP (Leo 'Bols Ewhac' Schwab) writes:
> 	Of all the Amiga-specific magazines around, Amiga World (whirled) is

Amiga Weird.

> the worst (which is not to say that it's *bad*).  Robo City News is pretty
> good, Amazing Computing is okay, Amiga Sentry isn't bad, INFO does a decent

INFO is not very technically oriented, though. Not surprising, since it caters
to the C=64 crowd as well.

> job, Amiga Transactor is excellent.  Also of interest are the disk-based and
> -supplemented mags, such as AX Magazine.

The problem with Transactor for the Amiga is that they seem to be hung up
on an adversarial style of reporting. Both issues I've bothered to pick
up so far have had heavy-duty flames in them. I get enough of that on Usenet.
--
		Peter da Silva  `-_-'  peter@sugar.uu.net
		 Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?

walker@sas.UUCP (08/11/88)

>>>I am looking for a journal with regular, monthly, good techical
>>>articles about the Commodore Amiga, its hardware and software. Do

>good, Amazing Computing is okay, Amiga Sentry isn't bad, INFO does a decent
>job, Amiga Transactor is excellent.  Also of interest are the disk-based and

Don't forget Amigan Apprentice and Journeyman.  Bi-monthly, but very
detailed coverage.