[comp.sys.amiga] "Clock Virus" Blues

dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Daniel Zenchelsky) (08/11/88)

So, what's the cure for the dreaded "Clock Virus" [ :-) ]

Something tripped my clock's test switch & I'd really love to set it back
to normal.

Thanks,

-Dan

|  ______                                                   |
| ||   |o|  Daniel Zenchelsky  --  dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu  |
| ||___| |                                                  |
| |   _  |  "If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist" |
| \_[]_|_|                                                  |

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (08/14/88)

[ Why do people continue to feed a non-existent line eater? ]

In Message <3070@hermes.ai.mit.edu>, dzenc@hermes.ai.mit.edu (Daniel Zenchelsky) writes:

>So, what's the cure for the dreaded "Clock Virus" [ :-) ]

  Whats the dreaded Clock Virus?

>Something tripped my clock's test switch & I'd really love to set it back
>to normal.

  Sounds like a program simply ran wild and trashed your clocks setting. (Not
  real hard to write on purpose or by mistake) To solve this problem simply
  set the date & time (use the date command) - then save it to the clock
  (use the setclock comand). All fixed!

>Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Dan

  Hmmmmm where have I seen that name before :-)

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein     {alegra|amiga|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?