[comp.sys.amiga] Printing problems with an Oki 182

news@spies.UUCP (08/10/88)

OK, here's my problem. I have an Okidata 182 printer, which prints 576
pixels across. When I try to print anything in graphics, (for example,
Deluxe Paint ][ using the 1.3 driver), it wants to print in 640, and
it scrunches it into 576 and it looks HORRIBLE. I can circumvent the
problem by starting off with a page size of 576, but then I can't use
high resolution, and I also can't use other programs, like PageSetter.
Reducing the page size with DPaint chops off everything except what is
currently visible on the screen.
   Are there any programs that will reduce page sizes correctly? I don't
mind working in the firs}:b6t 576 of 640 pixels and then chopping
it, as long as the first 576 stay there. Any help would be much appreciated.

 {Uqr
   Art Cancro
   ...uunet!philabs!spies!uncnsrd!root

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (08/18/88)

In article <374@spies.UUCP> inspector_gadget@fatcat.UUCP writes:
>OK, here's my problem. I have an Okidata 182 printer, which prints 576
>pixels across. When I try to print anything in graphics, (for example,
>Deluxe Paint ][ using the 1.3 driver), it wants to print in 640, and
>it scrunches it into 576 and it looks HORRIBLE. I can circumvent the
>problem by starting off with a page size of 576, but then I can't use
>high resolution, and I also can't use other programs, like PageSetter.
>Reducing the page size with DPaint chops off everything except what is
>currently visible on the screen.
>   Are there any programs that will reduce page sizes correctly? I don't
>mind working in the firs}:b6t 576 of 640 pixels and then chopping
>it, as long as the first 576 stay there. Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> {Uqr
>   Art Cancro
>   ...uunet!philabs!spies!uncnsrd!root

	If I understand you correctly you want to draw onto a 640 wide
screen BUT only print the first 576 pixels of it.  One way you can do
this is to run a program called 'Control' written by Andy Finkel which
is probably floating around BBS and such.  (It will be on the ToolKit
disk and MAY be on the V1.3 Extras disk (I'm not sure)).  Anyway, this
program links itself into the graphic dump vector of the printer
device and pops up a requestor with all the input parameters to
a PRD_DUMPRPORT command.  The parameter you want to change is
Width (from 640 to 576).

	That should do it!

	Regards, David Berezowski