[comp.sys.amiga] Extension cables to Amiga Monitors

wayne@utflis.UUCP (Wayne Young) (08/19/88)

In article <637@mailrus.cc.umich.edu> mike@shogun.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:
>  On your collective advice, I bought a PC keyboard
>extender and two joystick extenders (one for the mouse and one for the
>monitor).                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
>^^^^^^^
> In Real Life:	Michael Nowak

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute here.  Shouldn't cables going to the monitor be
shielded to avoid tv and radio interference?
--
-----
       {uunet,utzoo,decvax,allegra}!utcsri!utflis!wayne

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (08/21/88)

In Message <1091@utflis.UUCP>, wayne@utflis.UUCP (Wayne Young) writes:

>In article <637@mailrus.cc.umich.edu> mike@shogun.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:
>>  On your collective advice, I bought a PC keyboard
>>extender and two joystick extenders (one for the mouse and one for the
>>monitor).                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>^^^^^^^
>> In Real Life:	Michael Nowak
>
>Whoa, whoa, wait a minute here.  Shouldn't cables going to the monitor be
>shielded to avoid tv and radio interference?

  If you want to listen to a radio or watch tv near your computer, a shielded
  cable is highly advised. But if your a CD freak - does it really matter :-)
  Seriously you should use a shielded cable if for other reason than to be
  nice. Someday you may want to live in PA. and listen to the Yankess on a NY
  radio station ;-)

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein     {alegra|amiga|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
 Sneakers Computing

 Of course heimat is an Amiga, doesn't everyone run UUCP & UseNet on an Amiga?