[comp.sys.amiga] Excerpt from Chess Life

Jeffrey_J_Vanepps@cup.portal.com (08/18/88)

Howdy fellow Amigans!

    The following is an excerpt of an article in the September 1988 issue
of Chess Life. It was written by Eric Schiller, and is quoted without
permission (but what the heck, eh?). Context: he is reviewing chess
software running on various personal computers.

	The Atari ST is an ungainly machine with a mouse which seems to
	have swallowed a fistful of quaaludes and a keyboard which has a
	terrible feel.

	... but have been unable to overcome the machine's lousy text
	display, and all of the smaller text notices are barely legible.

	... but keep in mind that Atari STs are rare in this country and
	may not survive the competition from the Commodore Amiga, a very
	nice multi-tasking machine with no useful software at present.

Please don't see this as a request to start another Atari vs. Amiga war,
I simply thought you might enjoy seeing someone else's perspective.

------
Jeff Van Epps
jeffrey_j_vanepps@cup.portal.com

wbralick@icc.afit.arpa (William A. Bralick Jr.) (08/23/88)

In article <8240@cup.portal.com> Jeffrey_J_Vanepps@cup.portal.com writes:
>    The following is an excerpt of an article in the September 1988 issue
>of Chess Life. It was written by Eric Schiller, and is quoted without
>permission (but what the heck, eh?). Context: he is reviewing chess
>software running on various personal computers.
> [quote deleted]

Is there any chance that ChessBase (tm) will be ported to the Amiga,
or do I have to buy a transformer/PClone/ST in order to run it?

Will