[comp.sys.amiga] RangeRand in ManxC

utoddl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Todd M. Lewis) (08/25/88)

[line-eater fodder]
(WARNING: FIRST POSTING AHEAD. SET FLAME-THROWERS TO 'OFF'.)
On Fish Disk #66, Stephen Coy's program melt.c (from Leo's
tilt.c) uses a function called RangeRand.  It must be in
the ManxC c.lib, but I can't find it documented anywhere.
Some questions: 1) Is it documented?  1.5) Where?  2) What
other nifty functions are hidden in c.lib that don't get
mentioned in the manual, and 2.5) how can I find out about
them?
-- Todd M. Lewis
=====This disclaimer is my employer's idea.  The rest are mine.====

mills@baloo.eng.ohio-state.edu (Christopher Mills) (08/26/88)

In article <5646@ecsvax.uncecs.edu> utoddl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Todd M. Lewis) writes:

>On Fish Disk #66, Stephen Coy's program melt.c (from Leo's
>tilt.c) uses a function called RangeRand.  It must be in
>the ManxC c.lib, but I can't find it documented anywhere.
>Some questions: 1) Is it documented?  1.5) Where?  2) What
>other nifty functions are hidden in c.lib that don't get
>mentioned in the manual, and 2.5) how can I find out about
>them?

	RangeRand is in amiga.lib.  It's documented in thr ROM Kernel Manuals.
Ther are a few others (a smaller printf, getchar, etc.).  Look in _Libraries_
and_Devices_, I think...

-=-
| Christopher Mills              | "If you see someone without a smile, |
| mills@baloo.eng.ohio-state.edu |  give them mine - I'm not using it." |
====== My thoughts are not my own--I'm posessed by mailer daemons. ======